When you purchase a property with the intention of letting of buy to let is a great investment especially working through a letting agent like Empire Estates.
There are a few aspects that one will have to consider to make the property more appealing to potential tenants. Here is a list of the most important factors that are taken into consideration.
- Make sure it’s clean and tidy – It is absolutely critical that the house of flat is in tip top condition when anyone wants to come for a viewing. The agents or property management company could hire some independent cleaning staff to ensure that every corner is cleaned and dusted. The house must be cleaned from corner to corner.
- Interior – Decorate the home with a neutral color scheme. Give the tenant the opportunity to view and imagine with their eye how one of their items would look in the room.
- Good lighting – Ensure all light fixtures and switches work perfectly. Replace any broken shades and turn on lights when a viewing of the property takes place.
- Repairs – Everything in the house should be working 100 percent. Check all plumbing, ensure there are no leaks. Ensure the toilet flushes the way it needs to. Bathroom fixtures are tight and nothing can fall down. All electrical wiring and appliances should work without any problems.
- Tidy up the outside – Curb appeal of a property is almost the number one thing any potential occupant looks at. First impression is a lasting impression. The lawn should be kept short and no visible sign of weeds.
- Furniture – If the property is rented out furnished or even unfurnished the furniture could make or break the look of a house. Remove any warn out furniture. Do not decorate with oversize furniture if could make the house appears smaller.
- Working appliances – Stoves, ovens, dishwashers, dryers and washing machines must work perfectly. Ensure everything has knobs and that there is no exposed wiring.
- Location – Know your area, advise the tenant of all possible places of interest. This would include restaurants, bus stops or train stations and schools.
- Solar heating – If you want your tenant to feel they are doing their bit for the environment, install solar heating. This will also decrease the monthly utility fees.
- Parking – If the property comes with a garage, ensure it is cleaned and that the doors are in working order, safe and secure. If no garage is available ensure the tenant has the necessary safe parking close to the home.
Follow these simple steps to secure the perfect tenants.